Dear Veterinary Professional,
Your client is seeking financial assistance for medical care for their pet from Companion Bridge. Companion Bridge is a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit charity founded in 2013 to offer financial assistance for non-routine and emergency veterinary care. We work with the owner to provide funds and fundraise for treatment to hopefully eliminate the need for economic euthanasia. There is never any guarantee that funds will be raised but we do our best.
In order to assess whether or not we can help this companion animal or not, we need a low and high end estimate from your office as well as a Diagnosis and Treatment plan. Ideally this estimate should be broken down, so that we can determine which part of the care we can possibly help with. Please see the policies listed for what we cannot help with. Every client receives a copy of these policies as well.
At this time we would like to ask if you could possibly extend Companion Bridge a courtesy discount so that we can continue to keep our costs down and help as many animals as possible. If we provide funding for the animal we will also need a copy of your W9 for our records. Payments from us will be in the form of a credit card or check.
Companion Bridge Policies
- We cannot help until all required documents have been received and reviewed. The name and address at the Vet must match the documentation. If you have recently moved you will be asked to provide proof of residence
- We cannot help if your animal is being held at Vet until payment is made
- We cannot pay on an invoice showing a zero balance
- We cannot pay on Care Credit and cannot help if you have been approved for the entire amount needed by Care Credit
- We can only pay Vets and Vendors and we cannot help if you Vet will not accept payment from us
- We cannot help if your Vet has setup a payment plan with you
- We can only pay for care for the diagnosis listed. If extra money is raised it will go to another companion bridge animal. Additional funds cannot be used for other services or a second pet.
- There is a $200 cap on funds paid out from the general donation fund for non-life threatening procedures. There is also never any guarantee that we have money in the general donation fund.
- We cannot provide funds for preventative medications such as heartworm, flea and tick etc. We cannot provide funds for vaccinations, yearly bloodwork, dental cleaning, spay /neuter or euthanasia
- We cannot provide funds for genetic hip and knee problems i.e. non physical trauma
- Companion Brdige funds cannot be used for long term treatments such as cancer, diabetes, respiratory etc.
- We cannot provide general funds for blindness or eye issues unless the animal’s life is in danger.
- We cannot provide funds for ongoing physical therapy beyond what was included in the original quote i.e. things such as acupuncture, chiropractic, laser etc.
- We do not provide funds after a procedure or care has already occurred to pay off an outstanding bill.
- We cannot pay for any elective surgeries / treatment
- You must be 18 in order to post a story
- We do not post any crowdsourcing links in our stories
- We cannot help animals with breeders or that are in shelters or rescue groups
- Stories posted can be kept up for 30 days but can be removed earlier if an animal has received treatment and been released
- A household/family may only apply for help once
- Companion Bridge can only help animals for residents of the United States
Please fill out the form located here: