Thanks for joining us! You should print this page to keep handy as it has important information on it.
There is never any guarantee that Companion Bridge will be able to provide financial assistance. If your animal is in an emergency situation, where a delay will put their life at risk, it is your responsibility to seek critical care for that animal immediately.
Please note that Companion Bridge can only help pets in the Mid-Atlantic States, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., New York, Virginia, and West Virginia.
At the end of this page will be a link to the release and story submit form. It is most important that you fill out the form completely and with the correct information. It would be best before clicking the link to have all your vets info handy and an idea of what you want to say in the story. It is critical that the Vet info be correct including email address as we will be sending them a document to fill out as well. Once it is filled out completely and you click submit the form will disappear. A copy will be emailed to you as well so if you do not receive one you need to fill it out again. Once the forms are complete and we have talked to the vet and they have completed our documentation then we can get you setup and start helping. Stories will not get posted without the form and confirmation from the veterinarian or specialist.
Companion Bridge reserves the right to contact all vendors and vets related with the diagnosis to confirm all story information. Companion Bridge also reserves the right to refuse publication of any story that would not be in the best interest of the animals. Companion Bridge also reserves the right to edit a story if necessary to maximize reach and donations.
We do require that you apply for care credit if your vet offers it and also to check to see if your vet participates in Vet Billing by going to this link and doing a search for vets in your area. Companion Bridge is for those people who are out of options. We provide a place for you to tell your story and to ask others for help. It is not a fund that can be drawn upon for things that are within a person’s means or for non-life saving or non-life altering events. We also reserve the right to ask for additional financial documentation from you if needed such as your last bank statement or last year’s tax returns. We do ask that you help us spread the word by actively sharing your story and to give back to the community when you are able.
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your “safe senders” e-mail list to ensure our emails do not end up in your spam folder.
These are our policies:
- We cannot help until all required documents have been received and reviewed. The name address at the Vet must match the documentation. If you have recently moved you will be asked to provide proof of residence
- We cannot help if your animal is being held at Vet until payment is made
- We cannot pay on an invoice showing a zero balance
- We cannot pay on Care Credit and cannot help if you have been approved for the entire amount needed by Care Credit
- We can only pay Vets and Vendors and we cannot help if you Vet will not accept payment from us
- We cannot help if your Vet has setup a payment plan with you
- We can only pay for care for the diagnosis listed. If extra money is raised it will go to another companion bridge animal. Additional funds cannot be used for other services or a second pet.
- There is a $250 cap on funds paid out from the general donation fund for non-life threatening procedures.
- General donation funds cannot be used for long term treatments such as cancer, diabetes, respiratory etc..
- We cannot provide funds for preventative medications such as heartworm, flea and tick etc. We cannot provide funds for vaccinations, yearly bloodwork, dental cleaning, spay /neuter or euthanasia
- We cannot provide funds for genetic hip and knee problems i.e. non physical trauma
- We cannot provide general donation funds for blindness or eye issues unless the animal’s life is in danger.
- We cannot provide funds for ongoing physical therapy beyond what was included in the original quote i.e. things such as acupuncture, chiropractic, laser etc.
- We do not provide funds after a procedure or care has already occurred to pay off an outstanding bill.
- We cannot pay for any elective surgeries / treatment
- You must be 18 in order to post a story
- We do not post any crowdsourcing links in our stories
- We cannot help animals that are show/working competition (draft, agility etc.). We cannot help animals with breeders or that are in shelters or rescue groups
- Stories posted can be kept up for 30 days but can be removed earlier if an animal has received treatment and been released
- A household/ family may only apply for help once
- Companion Bridge can only help animals for residents of the United States and in the Mid-Atlantic States
Once we receive the forms and your story is approved you will get an email back usually within 24-48 hours with a request for pictures of your pet. We will then send you a link to the story to share with your friends and family. Please check your junk mail and spam boxes to make sure your settings don’t inadvertently mislabel our email. Donations will be disbursed to vendors, vets and specialists as needed- we do not pay individuals. Posting a story does not guarantee that all the funds needed will be raised. If we raise more than what is needed the extra will go towards another animal in need. In the interest of privacy and for security reasons we cannot provide you with information about your donors. All donors will be made aware of this and can let you know they donated either personally or on social media pages. Please make sure to take a minute and “LIKE” our Facebook page.
If approved we will email you for pictures to add to your story but ask that you send no more than 2. Thank you for letting us help you and your furry loved one. To submit your application to share your Companion Story, please Click Here!